Neko

Thursday, October 26, 2006

This post has no title, just words and a tune

I got this comment recently that I feel I have to comment on. The commenter didn't leave a name or any way to get a hold of him/her/them.

A couple of posts back, I admit that I was feeling sorry for myself. I'd had this series of nightmares that caused me to take a look at where I am in my life.

The commenter said in their post: You are worthy. You are not alone. You have not failed. However, it might be time to start living your life for Stef and no one else.

I know I am worthy and that I'm not alone. Sometimes, I have to write these things down here to have some kind of release. After all, that's part of the reason I started this blog to begin with. I never expect any comments on anything I write.

I'm not going to give up on a career in radio. So the job in Wyoming didn't work out. It happens. At least I'm not like one of my former classmates and gave up all together. I'm going to stick it out, go back to school to study more, and work at some kind of job (Long John Silvers? *wink*) to make ends meet. I'm going to get a place of my own so I can "live (my) life for Stef and no one else".

And on that point, that's what I've been doing for nearly eight years, since Jon and I decided to divorce. Living my life my way. And yeah, my doing so has pissed a lot of people off. I've been called selfish and immature for it. I don't live my life like anyone else, as I have warned people. Perhaps it takes a certain amount of courage to live my life like no one else, and even more courage for someone to be involved in my life (not counting family, who are involved whether they want to be or not).

The commenter also stated that: Then and only then, will you have true peace of mind, experience joy, and find unequivocal reciprocated love.

Strangely, this sounds like something my friend JC in Massachusetts would say to me. He's into all that new age stuff. Maybe it's him who left the comment? Possibly, but unlikely. Not unless he was Googling me recently and found this blog. Not that it would be a bad thing. Maybe I should shoot off an email and ask him.

Seriously, that is good advice though. Sometimes I get caught up in that trap of worrying about what people think. And we all know that is stupid. Who cares what other people think anyway? It's not like everytime I go somewhere I get in trouble or anything. I'm hardly embarrassing anyone by the way I conduct myself. After all, though I live my life on my terms, I'm not stupid, either. I know when to be serious. I know when it's time to have fun. Sometimes, I even try to combine the two. What a novel concept!

Yes, I am a smart ass. But this post is straight forward and serious. After all, this blog is about me. Warts and all.

Oh, BTW-- if you are the one who left this comment... thank you! Feel free to drop me an email, or leave a comment on any post.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , ,