Neko

Sunday, March 04, 2007

This essay is kicking my ass...

It's not the subject or the writing of it that's giving me fits; it's the footnotes and parentheticals that is driving me up the proverbial wall.

When I write, usually I have a pretty good idea of what I'm writing, that it's all coming out of my imagination or my experience. I haven't written a true essay since high school, and I sure as hell don't remember having to do MLA styling. Footnotes, yes. That's a piece of cake once I remember it, but to cite a source in the body of the essay is something I don't recall ever having to do before.

I've become rather intimate with my text book, The College Writer, and as sure as I sit here, I'll know MLA styling backward, forwards, and as well as I know the various adventures of Dirk Pitt.

(Okay, to be fair, I've had nearly three decades reading Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels. I don't have that long to become one with MLA.)

I have the first draft written, but not yet typed. It will be typed by the time class starts tomorrow. I have a couple more things to do before then.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,