Neko

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I was going to get my hair cut

...but I didn't want to wait an hour to have it done. So maybe I'll try again another time.

I think I'm ready for that US History test on Monday. Still working on the rough draft for my essay (on blogging, no less! LOL) that's due Monday as well.

I am so tired... I can't even spell today. At this point, I'll be sleeping during Spring break (starts on the next "B" week Friday, March 16th).

I'd love to know who "Unavailable" is... the mysterious entity that keeps calling me, lets the phone ring once, then hangs up before I have a chance to answer.

And today, I get this call from someone who is doing a survey about internet services. At first I had a hard time hearing the gal on the other end of the phone, but when she finally gets to her questions, the first one she asks is, "are you of Latina or Hispanic origin?" When I say no (because I'm Italian-American, thank you), she says that that are all the questions she has for me.

I thought so. My last name could be Hispanic, but in my case, it isn't. Sorry :P

It's always been this way. When I was growing up, we'd get telemarketing calls in Spanish, sample ballots for an upcoming election in Spanish... stuff like that.

When I lived in Lawrence, Massachusetts, which is probably 85-90% Hispanic, I'd get all kinds of stuff in my mailbox (not delivered by USPS) in Spanish. Ads, campaign stuff, missing pet posters, etc.

I speak very little Spanish, but I can usually figure out the written stuff. I remarked to someone at the time that if I had known I was going to live in Lawrence, maybe I would have paid more attention in my high school Spanish class.

Okay, okay... I'm babbling. Better wrap this up.



you never answered my question about the enchiladas



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , ,