Neko

Monday, February 26, 2007

How to make an ex-boyfriend jealous without even trying

This has a lot to do with my voice mail and a little bit of (unintentional) payback.

Saon called me on Saturday while I was out running errands. He left a message implying that he was more than a little pissed off about something in my outgoing message.

Specifically, the word "we".

Part of the outgoing message says: "you have reached (phone number). We are not available to take your call..."

I recorded it that way on purpose. It's not meant to make anyone mad.

So I called Saon back and the first thing he asks me is "Who is we?"

I told him there is no we, that I recorded it that way on purpose. There is no other specific person that "we" refers to.

We chit chat for a minute or two, then he says he has to go, and that he'll call me back in half an hour.

I hang up, give him an hour, because I know he's not going to call back. Then I go out and finish my errands. If he calls back, he calls back.

Of course, he didn't call back, and that's just fine by me. Does he think I'm going to sit by the phone, or alter my plans for the day waiting for him? If he does think that, he's very much mistaken.

The funny thing is, I almost asked one of my two older sons, or one of my male friends, to record that message for me. That I know would have sent Saon into orbit if I had done that.

He's shacking up with some chick, so why in the hell is he all bent out shape over the word "we" in my outgoing message?

And that, dear readers, is how to make an ex-boyfriend jealous without really trying.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , ,