Neko

Monday, February 26, 2007

There are so many things I should be happy about

...but I'm not.

School's okay, in as that I think I am doing well. It's the worry that I'm not doing as well as I think I am.

My financial aid depends on whether I can maintain a certain GPA. I've never been the greatest student that ever graced a college campus, which is probably why I didn't go to any school until two years ago when I decided to go to broadcasting school. I did well there, but Rose State is a whole other animal. Maybe because I'm older and value the educational opportunities more. It bugs me that some of the younger students (ones who are just out of high school) blow off classes like it's no big deal. Perhaps their parents are paying their way, I don't know.

That doesn't mean that it's okay to squander mom and dad's money. Chances are those kids' parents scrimped and saved for years to send their kid to college. I know it would piss me off to know that my kid is doing that (he's not, because he's more of a scrooge than I ever was).

But, I am paying my own way thru school, with the help of financial aid. I intend to finish what I started back in January when I began classes. I am deadly serious about getting a degree. I've put it off long enough (more than twenty years as a matter of fact).

Blowing off my classes is NOT an option. It's tempting sometimes, then I get over it and pile my crap into the car and drive the mile and a half to school everyday. Once I get there, I'm fine.

It's my academic "past" that worries me. Like I said, I'm not the greatest student in the world. But, I am fairly intelligent, and know I can do well. Just took me a couple of decades to realize that though.

Something still nags at me though. I think I know what it is, and I don't think it has anything to do with school.

It might, I don't know.




That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , ,