Neko

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on...

I had no idea it could get to 100 degrees plus here, but it did on both Friday and Saturday.

On Friday, I went to K-Mart and bought a toaster oven. Microwaves are just a bit out of my budget right now, but that doesn't mean that I won't get one at some point. I need other things more.

Saturday, I went out early, knowing it was going to be really hot in the afternoon. I got to see the balloons for the Riverton Rendezvous launching from the college and they flew right over my apartment! What a cool sight that was! Too bad I didn't have a camera.

I went to Walmart to do my grocery shopping and to get a phone. My phone service will finally be hooked up on Thursday this week after a couple of delays. I wanted to get my hair cut while I was there, but because Walmart is being remodeled, the hair care place was closed!

I can't find anything at Walmart, except the grocery department.

Later, I went to the classic car and bike show on the US Energy grounds. Some really cool lookin' cars were there, and there were some motorcycles for sale as well (think Orange County Chopper- type bikes).

It was so hot yesterday, that the asphalt in the parking lot where this was being held was literally melting! It felt like I was walking on gum. I came home with asphalt and grass on the bottoms of my sneakers.

I found out that the Drivers License Bureau is in the US Energy building, so I'm going to go over there tomorrow after work and see about getting a Wyoming driver's license.

It'll make cashing my paycheck a lot easier if my ID and my check had the same last name.







That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , , , ,