Neko

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My fridge on the fritz...

I finally talked to my landlady today, and she's going to be sending out someone to look at the refrigerator in my apartment to see what's the hell's wrong with it.

Meanwhile, the milk finally froze today. But nothing else in the freezer has. It just works like the fridge is supposed to. I've already had to throw out a couple of things because they went bad.

I was told it may take a couple of days for the guy to come out and take a look. Lynn (my landlady) said she'd give him a key to my place so that if I'm not there when he gets there, he doesn't have to wait for me. Also, if I am there, he should knock first, so that I'm not in the shower or something embarrassing like that.


----

Yesterday, I saw the very reason why I no longer wear shorts.

I was waiting outside Smith's for the taxi to come pick me up, and there was this woman who was quite overweight wearing those awful polyester shorts and a tank top.

Now, I have big legs, and probably would have them even if I were thin, if my mother is any indication (and she's always been quite thin), but this gal... rolls and rolls of skin just hanging there from the knees down. I know what I look like, and I don't think I look anything like that. But you'll never, ever catch me in shorts! I will swelter in blue jeans before I would ever buy a pair of polyester shorts (or any other shorts for that matter).

I'll wear skirts, but not short ones. One, I'm really too old for the miniskirt, hoochie-mama look; and two, for the same reasons I won't wear shorts. I bought a skirt at WalMart on Saturday that comes to right above my ankles, but it's a flowing type of skirt, so i'm not going to die of heat stroke in it, or embarrass myself.

With working at the radio station, people will soon know who I am (or at least I hope so!), so I have to look presentable at all times, even when I'm running errands around town. I have a reputation to maintain. I'll still be who I've always been, but I have to keep in mind that I represent the radio station at all times, even when I'm not working.

---

It looks like with my next paycheck, I might be able to put a couple pieces of real furniture in my apartment. But not a bed, yet. All the ones I've seen in the classified of the local paper are kinda out of my league. Let's see how much I have left over when my phone service is installed on the 15th.

---

I hope that Daniel (and Kathy, if she ends up going) has a good time in California. He's planning on visiting his Grandma Mary (Jon's mother) while he's there. Wonder what she'll think of her oldest grandson and his "un-girlfriend"?

---

You can leave a comment once in a while... tell me what you think of what I write here. Okay, Cowboy?

(yee haw!)





That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,