Neko

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bees!

Tons of them, all over the place...!!!!

I've never, ever seen so many damned bees in my life that weren't in a hive. These bees live in holes in the ground and there were swarms of them!

I went for my Sunday walk and I think just about every yard along the way had several of these holes where the bees would go in to and come out of to gather their nectar.

I'm scared witless of bees, even more so than moths. Where moths just scare me by surprising me in tiny cramped places, like telephone booths (and radio studios), bees can sting you if you piss them off enough.

The last time I got stung by a bee was at the Topsfield Fair in Massachusetts while I was still with the carnival in 2002. Fortunately, I'm not allergic to the venom, it's just that I never felt the damn thing land on my neck. I only felt the sting, which caused me to smack it. It took an act of God to get the stinger out of my neck, because I was working in the fried dough booth at the time, and we were short handed.

Doesn't help that there was sugar galore at the fried dough booth.

So seeing all these bees today didn't make me feel really safe. But I got to get my Sunday paper and get home without being stung.

Go me.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , , ,