Neko

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Busy weekend, or "The 70's called and they want their gold chains and shirts unbuttoned to there back, dude."

Saturday: went shopping at Wal Mart and bought groceries and a few other minor essentials. I also got a new skirt that I think is cute as hell!

I also got the pictures back that I'd been taking since I went to Missouri in January, and got a very nice surprise in one of the prints.

My refrigerator doesn't seem to want to work properly, and the rental folks are gone for the July 4th holiday... so right now, I have milk in the freezer because the freezer isn't freezing anything! (Haven't I been thru this before?)

But, I think I got enough groceries to last until the 14th, when I get paid again.

Sunday: I went on my almost weekly morning walk to get a copy of the Sunday Ranger; I didn't go last week because I didn't feel well. I walked down Sunset instead of walking to Smith's on Main, which was a nice change. I saw a herd (pack? pod?) of llamas sitting under trees to keep out of the sun.

And this guy... he's driving a Subaru and he pulls over to ask me if I needed a ride anywhere. I told him I didn't (I was almost to Federal Blvd by that time anyway). I did notice what he was wearing: a polyester shirt unbuttoned to his navel (or damn near), a couple of 70's style gold chains and a Magnum, P.I. mustache.

It made my skin crawl. He looked like a pimp. He was relatively young, so maybe he was going for the 70's retro look... but it didn't work then, and it ain't gonna work now. Hello, this is 2006... dress the friggin decade will ya! It's a little early for Halloween, dude.

But what do I know... I was 6 in 1970, and 15 when the 70's ended. I was really too young to decide that sort of thing, so my apologies to anyone who is of the proper age who really did dress like that and looked cool.

I'd like to see pictures, though.






That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , , ,