Neko

Saturday, May 20, 2006

this n that

Item 1: Ripley the wonder dog from next door (?) came back yesterday afternoon. I chased him back thru another hole in the fence and he stayed away this time. Of course, the minute Pinky went outside, she went right to the spot that Ripley had christened just moments before.

Item 2: I hate doing laundry! Just thought I'd throw that out there. Because we were out of laundry soap, my dirty laundry started to pile up. Over the last two days, i think I've washed every scrap of fabric I own at least twice (or at least it feels like I have).

Item 3: It must be a slow news day when the Governor's dog has puppies and it makes the 6pm news.

Item 4: Eddie Sutton retired yesterday. Every newscast on every channel repeated this story twice-- once at the top of the newscast, and once during the actual sports segment. Yeah, he coached basketball at Oklahoma State for 16 years and took his team to March Madness (including three trips to the Final Four) several times. Okay, I get it... it's an important story here in Oklahoma. But it was hardly unexpected, given the drunk driving arrest in February.

Item 5: I need a social life, or at the very least, go on a date every great once in a while. When all I can manage is a late night Carl's Jr. run with my 22 year old son, I know that there's gotta be more out there.

Item 6: About that late night Carl's Jr. run... we went to Midwest City for that, even though there's a Carl's in Edmond, its drive thru isn't open 24 hours. The one in Midwest City is. I wish I hadn't gone, because the damn burger sat in my stomach like a lead weight all blessed night!

Item 7: I have places to go before I leave Oklahoma for the wilds of Wyoming. One is a stop at the school to say goodbye and thank you. Another is a stop at St. Mary's Hosptial in Enid to see Vincent. He had yet another surgery this week and is expected to be in the hosptial (unless they kick him out like the last time he was there) for 12 weeks!

Item 8: The Da Vinci Code came out yesterday. This is yet another movie that gets people up in arms because of the spiritual aspect. Think The Last Temptation of Christ (1989) or The Passion of the Christ (2004) in terms of the "controversy" that such movies generate. As far as The Da Vinci Code is concerned, what part of "fiction" don't these people understand? It's a novel, a work of fiction-- that means the author (in this case, Dan Brown) can make stuff up based on his research. I'd like to see the movie to see if it's anything like the book. I've heard that it's pretty true to the book, but I have to see for myself.

Item 9: Jeff was supposed to go over to my sister's to watch Joey, but he is not feeling well. It takes a lot for Jeff to say he's not feeling well. So Joey is coming over here instead. This'll be fun. I hope Tori's not gone all day. That kid wears me out!

Item 10: It's expected to hit 100 degrees here today. I'm staying inside as much as possible. Better grab a hat from one of the boxes i've packed in case I go outside for any length of time.

Item 11: It's Armed Forces Day. Go salute a veteran and thank them for their service. It's the least you can do.




That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,