Neko

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dude, are you going to ride that thing, or just push it all the way to Downtown OKC?

I've met some interesting characters in the month I've been in my new apartment, and have seen some interesting things... such as:

A woman in the back of a police car who appeared to be handcuffed. A wrecker had just arrived to tow her car and an attached trailer to wherever they tow those things to here.

A mentally challenged man who was pushing a three wheeled bike down SE 15th Street behind me. He told me that he was going to Downtown Oklahoma City. I said that's a long way to ride a bike.

And a number of people who have honked at me and waved from their cars as I walked to places like Wal Mart and the library. I don't recognise any of them in the quick glance I get as they motor on by.

Maybe they realize that I'm new in the neighborhood, I don't know.
===

When I came home from Mom's house the other night, Daniel (who thinks this part of the OKC Metro is akin to "da hood") barely gave me time to get out of his car and get into my apartment before he went roaring off into the night, radio on full blast, bass thumping away.

That boy's gonna be deaf before he's 35 if he keeps that up!


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,