Neko

Monday, December 04, 2006

Please give to the Thirsty Van Fund?

"I can't," Jeff said as I drove him to work this morning. "I'm already contributing to the Injured Cobalt Fund."

(What I didn't say is, "and the Cobalt is injured because...?")

I told Jeff that because Daniel's car is in the shop, I have to take both of them to work and bring them home, and that takes more gas than usual. Jeff just shrugged.

"Certainly you're not going to make me and your grandmother foot the bill for this?"

Jeff: (shrug)

Okay, Jeff is very careful with his money (an admirable trait, considering his father is so irresponsible with his), but he has to contribute more to the smooth operation of the household. That means paying for the gas the van needs to go occasionally. Combustible engines don't run on fumes and a wing and a prayer.

So pony up the $2.17 a gallon, kid.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,