Neko

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Why I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year, apartment hunting, and Babydoll

NaNoWriMo: I had already decided not to participate this year due to my not having my computer in Wyoming with me. Since I'm back in OKC, I've got so many things going on now, that I just don't have the time to write anything. Usually, I would have had a clue as to write about by this time, but I don't. And, it's probably more important to find a place to live and a job, than it is to attempt to write 50k words in 30 days.

I'm taking the year off to collect myself and get things back on an even keel. In retrospect, I should have taken last year off, too. I was busy with finishing up broadcasting school, then Daniel got appendicitis, and the novel I wrote last year was not my best work. I barely got to the 50k mark.

Let's see where I am next spring before I decide to participate in 07.
===

Tori drove me around on Friday to see apartments in MWC and Del City. The first place in MWC was nice. I was shown a couple really nice ones, a one and a two bedroom. The one bedroom was cozy (read: small), and could very easily meet my needs since it will just be me living there. And the gal who showed me around was very nice.

The second one I saw was okay, but the gal who showed me the one bedroom there was a bit standoffish, like she had better things to do than show me an apartment.

We then went to Sonic near Tori's house because Joey had speech therapy at 1:30pm. Scott tagged along because Memorial was having conferences on Friday, so there was no school. Then we dropped Joey off at the elementary school and Tori took me and Scott back to her house while she went back to the school to pick up Joey.

Scott was doing homework, so he stayed home and awaited Marc and Amalia's return from school. Tori debated leaving Joey with Scott, but decided to take him with us, in the hope that he would fall asleep in the car as we drove to Del City to see the last apartment I wanted to check out.

Of course, he didn't.

We kinda got lost on the way to the last place. Tori got disoriented and we ended up going in a big circle, but we finally found it. She asked me how I knew my way around Del City so well (she kept asking me where Sunnylane was, and it was away from where we were headed). I only said that the broadcasting school was near where we were going.

The apartment at the last place had already been rented, but the gal there asked for my name and phone numbers and told me she would call me if something was going to be vacant in December. I'm going to call her in about a week and inquire as well.

The place in Del City is right by I-40, but I can deal with that if that is where I end up.
===

Babydoll is sitting in Tori and Dean's garage, waiting for me to tag and title her. I think Im going to take some of the stickers off her windows and the back bumper. She needs a lot of cosmetic work done (paint job, redo the pinstriping, maybe replace the passenger side rearview mirror where someone in Methuen opened their door into it about 5 years ago...), but that will have to wait. She really needs fluids, windshield wiper blades and tires more than a new paint job.

But, she runs! I wish I knew in 2003 that all she needed was a new fuel pump. I'd have probably taken care of it then instead of letting her sit for three years.

Tori asked why I wasnted to hold on to this car that needed all this work done. I told her that Babydoll was the first major purchase I made after Jon and I separated, and that she's paid for.

What I didn't tell her is that Babydoll represents freedom to me. Life is a highway, and I wanna ride it all night long...
===

That "Yes yes no no" and "No no yes yes" thing? Daniel explained it to me last night, and it make a little more sense. But just a little...


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , ,