Neko

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Three to six weeks?!

That's how long the Driver's Licensing Bureau in Wyoming says it will take to get my permanent licence in the mail. Meanwhile, just like Massachusetts, I got a paper copy that expires in 60 days.

It's only coming from Cheyenne for cryin' out loud!

My licence expires on my birthday... in 2010! That's about 5 1/2 years from now! It's certainly the longest amount of time from issuance to expiration of any license I've had. Had I gone on my birthday in February (four months before I got here), it would have been good for 6 years.

And though I brought all the paperwork to prove that I changed my name from my married name back to my name, the examiner only needed to see my birth certificate, since it has the name I'm currently using.

===

It's been hot here, but with the low humidity, it just feels hot. Don't sweat much unless you're really putting a lot of effort into some strenuous activity.

In Oklahoma City yesterday, it was about 106. And I know about the humidity there. You can't take ten steps out the door before you're sweating like crazy. It made me feel like a limp dishrag.

===

I've had this Chris LeDoux song running thru my head for the last couple of days. Especially this, from "The Ride":

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride"


Chris LeDoux died about a year and a half ago. He was a real cowboy before he became a legend. Read a biography of Chris here, or here.

BTW... Wyoming was his home. He died in Casper on March 9, 2005 from complications from bile duct cancer.

God Bless Chris LeDoux!



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , ,