Neko

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pavillion, Wyoming: Population 126

Honest to God... it's a really small town out in the middle of Nowheresville, Wyoming.

I went to a meeting there last Thursday at a restaurant called "The Roost" with Jim, my boss. It was a meeting of all the mayors in the area. It was interesting to say the least. It reminded me of one of the Sons of Italy socials my sister and I went to as kids. I think I was the youngest person there (and that's saying a lot, considering how old I am!)... not counting the teenage waitress who gave us menus so we could order.

Not much to the menu. Almost all of it was steak! And since I wasn't paying for it, I didn't want to stick my boss with the bill so I got the cheapest thing on the menu... a cheeseburger (it was $5.00).

The mayors talked about the things going on in their towns, approved their budget for next year, took breaks to eat (and I think all of them ordered the steaks-- at $17-$20 a pop! I got the cheeseburger, and Jim only had a Diet Pepsi, because he'd eaten beforehand), and talked more business.

And two hours later, it was over, and we had to undertake the 40 minute drive back to Riverton thru some of the prettiest country I've ever seen.

I think the whole state of Wyoming is in the middle of nowhere... there's so much farm land, and more cattle and horses and sheep than I've ever seen.

I really need to get a car, so I don't have to rely on others to take me places.

And so I can explore, of course.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , ,