Neko

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Take a nap, new phone shows up

When I got home from work yesterday, I took a nap. You try getting up at 5am and make thru an entire day without a nap.

Just as I was falling asleep, I thought I heard someone knocking on the front door. Since most times this happens, it's usually nothing, I let it go, thinking it was my tired brain playing tricks on me.

Three hours later, I woke up, and, remembering the knock on the door I thought I heard, I went to check it out. There, taped to my front door, is a note saying that my package was in the apartment across the hall.

I think I scared the poor girl who answered the door across the hall, because she handed me the package, said a quick hi, then closed the door.

It was my new phone.

A little backstory here: when I called Tracfone to change my number, I was told that because of the "technology" where I am now, I needed a new phone that was compatible with the technology. I only had to send the old phone back to them.

After I charged the battery and reactivated my account to add this new phone, I was playing around with some of the new features. I discovered that I can add email addresses to any listing in the phone book (the one in my phone), and send emails. The last phone I had that let me do this, that feature didn't work. However, I decided to try it out, not expecting the feature to work. So I sent an email from my phone to Larry. And it actually got sent!

Of course, I had to write him a real email this morning to explain what this weird email he got was. It was from me, sorry, I was playing with the phone, I didn't think it'd get sent, etc., etc., etc.

Better go now... time for the news.







That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , , ,