Neko

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hurricanes, rain, WTF no mail, and "Ben Jammin"

1. Hurricanes: Katrina is threatening to make trouble in the Gulf Coast. After she killed something like 7 people in Florida, and reports saying she's gaining strength again, things don't look so good for those on the Gulf Coast. So Saon, and Hannie & co., get the hell outta there!
(UPDATE: 2216CDT 8.27.05-- Katrina is headed straight for New Orleans and is expected to make landfall sometime Monday. Winds could possibly get up to 155mph! That's a category 5 hurricane, if memory serves.)

2. Rain: it's looking a lot like rain out there. Crap. The grass needs to be mowed again. Go dormant already!!

3. WTF no mail: Unless the mail is just extremely late today, I won't get my check from the state for transportation costs until Monday. Thing is, I need that money NOW!!!

4. "Ben Jammin": If you listen to KISS 98.9 in Oklahoma City on Saturday afternoons, I know Ben Cruz's (Cruise? Cruse?) secret identity. Dude, what's wrong with your real name, huh?

I should talk... I have about three or four different names on tap for when I get a real radio job. And for as hard as I worked getting my maiden name back, I probably won't use it when I work on the air. It's my "secret identity"...

I don't normally listen to this particualr radio station, but since I know "Ben Cruz/Cruise/Cruse" off the air, I thought I'd check it out.




And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--