Neko

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I hear you talking, but you're not saying anything...

That would characterize my phone conversation with Saon this morning around 1:30am.

He called earlier, around 10:30pm, while I was out at the store, but Mom and Jeff didn't tell me until nearly midnight. So I figured that he wouldn't call back because it was getting late.

Wrong.

We talked, and he really didn't have anything to say. I don't know if he was lonely, or bored, or whatever, but nothing he said seemed to be all that earthshattering. He did keep asking when I'd be able to come back down there. In the same breath practically, he talked to someone else in the room about talking to some girl.

I don't think I'm even going to entertain any notion of making a return trip to the Big Easy.

I honestly believe that he thinks that if he says the right things, I'll come runnin'. Think again. I'm not playing those kinds of games again. I don't want to be placed in the situation he placed me in two years ago, by him or anyone else.

==============================

School started for my 14 and 11 year olds yesterday. Scott likes high school so far. Marc was kind of non committal about 6th grade, except to say that he changes classes.

==============================

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--