Neko

Thursday, August 18, 2005

What part of "NO CAMERAS" don't you understand?

Worked the Green Day show at the Ford Center... didn't get to see any of it because our company didn't get the contract for the floor area, save for a team of licenced security guards and local law enforcement. I worked the doors instead, doing bag searches and body searches (guys search guys, girls search girls). Bag searches are not one of my favorite jobs at a show, and body searches make me feel uncomfortable ( i don't like invading another's space in that manner), but it was do it or go home, and since I need the money, I did it. That doesn't mean I had to like it, and I didn't.

There are big signs on the doors that say "NO CAMERAS", but the number of people who tried to bring in cameras was incredible! People actually got pissed off when we told them they had to take their camera back to their car. Lots of people who had disposable cameras simply threw them away.

Right now, 2 hours after I arrived home, I'm still hurtin' from the RA in my right ankle. I think I'll get one of those heat wrap things for the next job this weekend, working the Denver Broncos/San Francisco '49ers game...in Denver! The company's paying per diem plus your hourly rate, and we get to ride a bus there, work all day, stay for the game, then come home. This'll be fun...so says the people who have done this before. We'll see.

I am so tired I can't think straight. More in the morning, perhaps...

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--