Neko

Friday, June 08, 2007

Dari's Friday Flashback




My sister and I were invited to many birthday parties when we were little kids, mostly for other kids in the neighborhood. This one stands out...

It was for John, the boy who lived on the corner. He was my age, and his sister, Susan, was a year older.

As usual, Mom had us dress up in nice clothes for the party, not realizing (or not being told) that the party was in the local public park. So, there Tori and I stood, in our nice party clothes, not being able to do anything for fear of getting our clothes dirty. We were able to play the party games, such as pin the tail on the donkey, but when it came time for the racing games, or the playground games, we were just out of luck. If I had thought about it enough, I would have felt stupid, but when you're a 7 or 8 year old, you just haven't lived long enough to be embarrassed. I think it was our mom who was embarrassed more than Tori and I could ever be at that age.

If you want to participate in Friday Flashback, click the banner at the top of this post.

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: ,