Neko

Friday, June 01, 2007

Dari's Friday Flashback

Click here to participate in Flashback Friday

My dad got a job transfer in the summer of 1970, and we were in the process of moving from San Francisco to Orange County, CA. I was six years old, my sister was five, and our half brother, who lived with his mother and was going with us as part of his summer with dad, was nine.
It was during this move that my sister and I took our first trip on an airplane.
We stayed in a hotel called the Newporter Inn (in Newport Beach) for about 2 or 3 weeks while my parents looked for a house. We found the house in Costa Mesa and moved in in late June.
My mother sold that house thirty years to the month later after my dad passed away and moved to Oklahoma.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , ,