Neko

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Used, cheap and available-- and NO it's not me

I had ordered my summer class textbooks earlier this month and UPS brought them to my door this afternoon. I opened up the box (which was smaller than I imagined it would be), and saw that all three books I ordered were included. My government text had this sticker on its spine:



Ratcliffe's is the other bookstore that Rose State students can purchase books from, but all three of mine came from Rose State's bookstore on campus, so the government text must have started out at Ratcliffe's at some point.

I also got the books for my (dreaded) math class and for the video class I'm taking. The thing about the book for the video class is that the prof uses it in four of his classes, one of which I'm taking in the fall, so that's one less book I have to buy in August.

And there's no doubt the books (except the math book) are used. Not only do they have stickers on them indicating they're used, but there's a stamp on them as well... as if I couldn't tell by looking that they weren't new. The government text is in pretty good shape. The television news reporting book is not in great shape, but it's not falling apart, either. It's also got highlighting in it, too. I was always told that if you highlight a textbook, you can't sell it back. Guess the rules have changed since 1985, ya think?


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , ,