Neko

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Lucky me (insert raspberry here)

Saon calls this evening, and before I can even get "hello" out of my mouth, he says,

"Have you talked to John [his former foster dad] lately?" I told him yes, and Saon said that John had just called him to tell him that he (John) will be in the States in July (John lives and works somewhere in Indonesia).

Saon's doubtful, because last summer when John visited, he wanted Saon to meet him at the airport before his flight back to Indonesia. Saon wasn't really cool with that, because he was under the impression that since the man raised him from like 11 years old, that he'd want to spend more time than the hour alloted to him.

He had another fare, and said he'd call me later. Just as I was hanging up the phone, John IMs me, to tell me he talked to Saon. I told him I had just gotten off the phone with Saon. I mentioned to John about what happened last year when he visited, and said that it was clear why Saon had been so defensive (you'd think it would have occured to Saon to tell John this himself, but noooooooo....).

Then John thanks me for "hooking [them] up". No problem, I said.

When did I become the middle grrl in this relationship? One, I might add, that I had no part in until after Katrina hit New Orleans, and John saw one of my pleas for info on Saon's whereabouts on one of the many bulletin board sites that sprung up in the days following the hurricane.

How lucky can one grrl be, huh?



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , ,