Neko

Friday, February 16, 2007

If it weren't for bad luck, baby, I'd have no luck at all...

From the Beretta's Being A Bitch Dept.:

I kept my appointment today (the one I postponed from last week), and the car overheated just as I got there. I was there for a while, so the car, I thought, had had a chance to cool off.

Wrong.

I got to the Sunnylane Exit on I-40 and she stalls out. Overheated again. Several people came over to assist me in getting the car out of the line of traffic and into the parking lot of a long closed and torn down gas station. I get out of the car to open the hood, put up the rod to hold it up, and the wind catches it and blows the hood back towards the windshield. This cracks the windshield and tears up one of the wipers.

Oh. Great.

So I drive her here to the public library, and she sits outside until I'm sure she's cooled off. So if that means I'm here for an hour or two (or three... who knows at this point), then so be it. It's B Week Friday, so I have no classes today anyway.

If this problem had happened in Edmond, I'd probably still be sitting wherever I stalled while people drive around me and don't even bother to help.

Now I know what Larry means by "snooty Edmond".





That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,