Neko

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

You graduated from high school when?

(blush) twenty five years ago this June.

I hope that there isn't a reunion planned. I think that someone from my class who contacted me via myspace.com is looking to see if there's an interest in one.

Count me out. One, I can't afford to fly out to California and stay in an overpriced hotel in my hometown for a week(end); and two, high school just wasn't memorable enough for me to celebrate a quarter century since I graduated. If the truth be told, I couldn't wait to get out of there.

My sister went to her 20th a few years back, and she had a good time. She enjoyed high school. I didn't.

High school for me was a colossal bore. You were either popular or a troublemaker, and I wasn't either. I tried to be a troublemaker, but it just wasn't in me.

So here I am, 25 years later, going back to college. It seems I did everything in my life backwards. Too late to change the past, so I'm going to change the future instead.

Better late than never.
===

Had a nice visit with a friend who came to see my apartment... all 600 square feet of it. I hope said friend won't be a stranger. They have an open invitation to visit whenever the mood strikes them. I don't hand those invitations out to just anyone... (family doesn't count).
===





That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,