Neko

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ahhh! Fresh meat!!

Or: the reason I haven't been in a Yahoo! chat room in over 5 years.

Saon IM'd me and invited me into a private chat room where some people he knew (a lot of his kin) were chatting. Yahoo froze on me...twice. After the second time, I just gave up. Meanwhile, I must have gotten a good two dozen IMs from total strangers, because somewhere in Yahoo! Chat, there is a list of all the people who are in chatrooms; or at least, that's the way it worked the last time I dared venture into Yahoo! Chat.

What is it, they see a new name and have to inundate that person with IMs? I thought my computer was going to have a meltdown! I thought I was going to have a meltdown! I felt like prey.

I can only handle one or two IMs at a time, because my computer is so damn old. And chat rooms? I can live without ever going into one again.

Know how to get rid of people who IM you and you don't know them? Tell them you don't have a webcam. I got rid of one guy that way. That's another thing my computer is too ancient for, and I'm not interested in having one anyway.

=====

And, it seems that Michele is pissed off at Saon for talking to me. He says that she would kick him out of their apartment if she found out he was still talking to me. He called me a few times, and apparently, the phone bill came recently. She saw the 405 area code and went into orbit.

Saon has always said she is very jealous. And, I don't get that. I'm no threat to her "relationship" with him from where I am. I don't want anything whatsoever to do with her. Saon asked me to come up and visit. I thought about it for all of about 2 seconds, and decided that I like living much more than I like looking over my shoulder.

The girl needs to make another trip to the looney bin and get her jealousy problem under control. She doesn't even know me!

=====

Okay, okay...enough about him...and her!

My birthday's coming, and that's the important thing. I have a Froogle wish list over there on the sidebar ------>>

Not that I expect to get anything from anyone on that list. It'd be nice, but unrealistic. So why did I point it out? Just to see if you're paying attention!

Actually, all I'd really want is for you to make a contribution to a charity that will help the victims of Katrina and Rita. Habitat for Humanity, or the Red Cross, or the Salvation Army, or a charity of your choosing. My family can get me "things". There are people in the hurricane zone living in FEMA trailers, trying to get it together to start over. They could still use a lot of help. If you want to do anything for me, do this. I don't know if anyone will, but it doesn't hurt to ask.



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--