Neko

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Making money, or going after a dream?

What a choice, isn't it?

I was offered a non radio job. I'm thinking about taking it, but it requires a specific amount of money to apply for a licence from the state. And although I've been getting a lot of response from my ad on allaccess.com, none of them have translated into a job offer.

The non radio job will keep me in Oklahoma, but I don't have the amount of money required to apply for the license, and I have no idea where I'm going to get it. But it's a means to an end if I take it. As soon as a radio job comes along, I'm gone.

And that radio job offer could be soon. Or never.

So my choice is: make money and be unhappy, or wait for the dream and be broke.

=====

Coretta Scott King, the widow of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, passed away today at the age of 78. Her contributions to the civil rights movement furthered her husband's dream.

There is way too much about her to put here. Suffice it to say that she is greatly admired by people of all faiths, races, and beliefs. She will be missed. Her work, and that of her husband, will no doubt be carried on by their children.

=====

Was it something I said?




And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--