Neko

Friday, February 03, 2006

Life is too short for regrets

That has always been my line. Life is too short for regrets.

Here I am, 6 days from my 42nd birthday... all weepy and emotional and crap. It's almost like I'm pregnant again with all the mood swings. There's this one commercial on TV for a local hospital, about a little boy who died on his 7th birthday, and his organs were donated. One saved another little boy about the same age. I can't get thru this commercial without crying. I've always been a sensitive soul, but this is getting ridiculous!

And time is flying by way too fast. I was talking to someone earlier today (OK, yesterday, then) who says he feels that way, too. Gets to thinking about things that were done that are now regrets. I try not to think that way, but lately, it just sneaks up on me and says "BOO STEF HAHAHAHAHA!"

Yes, there are things I did when I was young that I wish I hadn't, and things I didn't do that I wish I had. Last March, I crossed one off that very long list of things to do before I die. I went to broadcasting school.

But I can't sit here and worry about that stuff now, most times long after the said event did or did not occur. What's done, or not done in some cases, is done (or not done). I can change the things I didn't do if I so choose. But the things I did in the past can't be undone. I can't waste time and tears on something I cannot change. It's part of me now.

Don't live in the past, when the present is so promising. Pleasant surprises could be just around the next corner (along with some unpleasant ones, I'm sure). Take reasonable chances (and a few unreasonable ones *wink*); and if it works out, great! If not, what have you learned from it?

Which reminds me of this: Live as if you're going to die tomorrow; learn as if you're going to live forever. I think Gandhi said that.

With that, I think I will dry my hair and go to bed. Good night...


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--



PS: thanks for the chat. It really helped.