Neko

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Winners never quit, and other frustrations...

Today was not a great day in the world of Stef...

Tempers are flaring here. Mom came close to kicking both me and Jeff out of the house. She said something to the effect that we should both be looking for other living arrangements.

She won't kick Jeff out. She'll sick Dean on him instead.

But I can't get a job fast enough to suit her. But where am I supposed to go?

I'd love nothing more than to have gotten that job in Missouri, or gotten a radio job locally. But it hasn't happened yet, and I'm getting a bit discouraged.

I can't get the money to take that other job, so there goes another opportunity.

So what do I do? I know I should keep plugging away, but why is it taking so long? Now I know why some of the people who graduated before me gave up looking. I can't afford to give up. Quit is not in my vocabulary. Not only would I be letting a lot of people down, but I would be letting myself down.

And I have to look at myself in the mirror every day. So you know I can't quit.

Sometimes, I just need someone else's point of view. Someone asked me today if there was anything they could do. At the time I said I didn't know. I should have said yes. Because I need someone to talk to. So, if you are peeking, yes, I need someone to talk to. Another perspective.

I don't want to scare them away.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--