Neko

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

In search of a job in radio...willing to relocate

I've been getting a lot of response to my ad on allaccess.com, and it's just blowing me away! This week alone, I've gotten a bunch of emails and a couple of phone calls, and some of them are promising.

I hope to be offered interviews soon, whether in person or by phone. I'd like to have several offers to choose from.

Funny thing is the lack of responses from stations here in Oklahoma. Maybe there aren't any jobs in this area in radio. That doesn't mean I can't look. Some of the people I know from school who graduated ahead of me have jobs out of state. Perhaps that is my fate as well.

I mailed out a lot of packages last week, and I'll follow up on those this week. I can't give up now.

=====

I'm going into school Thursday to do a show, just for the practice. Keep up my skills so they don't get rusty. Maybe I'll do a promo for the next Del City basketball game, too, for the same reason.

I just wish that I could use the software I got at graduation in my computer. My computer is so old, it won't support it, even though I have Win98 installed. Maybe I'll get a laptop for Christmas, or the money to buy one somehow.

=====

Yesterday was Marc's birthday. It's hard for me to believe that the youngest of my four kids is 12 years old! But, they have to grow up some time, right?



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--