Neko

Monday, October 03, 2005

Disappointed, but not all that surprised

Saon tried to IM me on Yahoo! Mess-up-enger earlier this evening (Sunday), but my computer wasn't cooperating. I could see what he was writing, but I couldn't respond. By the time I rebooted my computer, he was offline.

I was kicking myself for a while, then I had the grand idea to check out his Yahoo! profile.

Well, I can't say I was surprised by what I saw there. He's back in Hutch(inson, MN), and in a "long-term relationship". To me that says one thing: Hutch=Michele. End of story. Not even going to rant about how stupid I think that is.

I wrote him an email, and even in that I didn't say all the things I wanted to, because email isn't the forum I wish to use for what I wanted to say. What I did say (in part) was this:


I'm glad you are safe and getting back to a normal life. That's the best thing for you right now. Some kind of normalcy. I always kind of knew you would end up back in Hutch, even before you told me that was your plan.

(then i said some things about how I was doing, blah, blah blah...)

There's so many other things I want to say, but this isn't the time, and email isn't the method I wish to use to say these things. For now, I have to leave things the way they are. I don't know if I will ever get the opportunity to say these things. Maybe it is best if it is left unsaid. For now.

I wish you the best of everything in getting your life back on track. You know how to reach me if you want someone to talk to. I hope that we can still keep in touch somehow. I will always care for you, Saon, please never forget that. You will always have a friend in me whenever you need one.

Until we meet again, I remain--

Your friend, Stephanie



And I meant every word of it, too. I know that we're never going to have a real relationship, if we ever had one. He wanted me, and Michele, and every other girl who crossed his path. So I took myself out of the equation. That "friend with benefits" crap just ain't gonna fly.

To quote Tracy Chapman: I'm too old to go chasing you around, wasting my precious energy.

I've got my life to live, and if he wants to be part of it, fine. If not, that's fine, too. I can't stress over it any more. I'm just glad he is safe and getting on with his life.

You'll always have a friend in me.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--