Neko

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Oh, like they're going to tell YOU the truth behind the war? Riiiight.

Cindy Sheehan, the so-called "peace mom", she of the protest near Bush's ranch in the weeks before Hurricane Katrina stole the headlines from her, met with Arizona Senator John McCain on Tuesday to have him explain the real reasons we started the war in Iraq. Or, at least that's what I gathered from the article I read.

Sheehan also got her ass arrested protesting in front of the White House over the weekend.

Hey, Cindy... I know why Bush started the war in Iraq. To finish what his father started (and rightly stopped) in 1991. It's an ego thing, just like you hogging much, much more than the fifteen minutes of fame than you are really entitled to.

"Peace Mom" is what my father (God rest his soul) would have called a "shit disturber"... she's only in it for the publicity. Yeah, her son died, and she has a right to be mad that it may have been in vain, but all this crap she carries on with to get W to explain why he started the war is not going to solve any problems or give us any answers as to what the reasoning behind it all was. We all know there weren't any weapons of mass destruction (weapons of mass distraction, perhaps, but not the ones Bush was allegedly looking for).

We may never know the truth, because the Bush folks are the masters of spin. Bush couldn't make up a convincing lie if his life depended on it. That's why he has so many BS artists on his staff (like that idiot Michael Brown, the former head of FEMA, but that's another rant for another time). I'll never understand how a man with a Yale education could be so damn dumb!

If Cindy Sheehan has any illusions that President Bush is going to tell her why we're in Iraq, she is sadly deluding herself. Again, we may never know the truth, unless someone talks many years from now in a moment of clarity when they're 90-something years old and figure it won't come back to bite them in the ass at that late date.

I'm not a big fan of the war. The thought that this war could last a very long time, and that the draft could be reinstituted at some future point in time, concerns me deeply. But you don't see me protesting at the White House. I'll take advantage of my First Amendment right of free speech and rant about Bush, the war, Cindy Sheehan, etc. etc. etc. right here on MVL.

And, I am NOT a fan of George W. Bush. Never have been, and it's not looking good for him in the future that I will change my mind.

Cindy Sheehan isn't one of my favorite people either. Her fifteen minutes were up a long time ago. She'll get a mention in all the publications that count: People, Time, Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal... then I hope she goes away. Like the Macarena.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--