Neko

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Is ugly in this year?

First of all, I am not a happy camper. DRS only sent me $60 this month and I have no idea why. Ms. McKinnon will be getting a call from me on Monday. If I couldn't make do with $80, I certainly can't with $20 less. How is this supposed to help me with transportation costs? Transportation costs, in my opinion, are more than just having gas in the tank.

I went to the library after I cashed my paltry transportation check to study for my final next month. My goal is to better the grade I got on my mid-term in June --and I got a good grade on that test. So starting so early to cram all that I've learned since March into my brain is beneficial to me.

Some people at school have told me that they only studied for their mid-terms for a day or two, and are happy with a passing grade. I can't accept that for myself. Just passing the test isn't good enough for me. I have to get a good grade because I feel that will show that I have truly learned something in school. When Larry gets calls from prospective employers asking about my academic record, I want them to know that I worked my ass off for everything I got. No one gave me any breaks or favors. I earned that "A" on my mid-term, and I'm going to do the same for the final. Merely passing the test won't do.

After I left the library, I went to Target to see if I could find loose leaf rings for my study guide (a book of index cards I made before my midterm to help me study), but they didn't have any big enough. I was looking around, and it seems that ugly is in this year. I saw some of the most God awful things... earrings, handbags, backpacks, t shirts. All of it was simply ugly. Who would pay good, hard earned money for this garbage? Not me.

I finally found the rings at Office Depot on 15th and Broadway. If I ever need too much of something, Office Depot is the place I'll find it.

Now to find something for this headache.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--