Neko

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Apparently, she does mind...

Saon called me last night to get the information about an email I got from someone in his past who wanted to get back in touch with him.

A few days prior, I got an email from a man in Indonesia who used to live in New Orleans. He told me in this email that he was Saon's foster father about fifteen years ago, and had seen one of the many messages I'd left on various message board set up in the wake of Hurricane Katrina looking for survivors. He emailed me to see if I had any info on Saon's whereabouts because this man had lost contact with Saon about 8 years ago. I wrote back and said I'd be happy to pass along his email address to Saon, and let him decide what to do.

That was the reason for Saon's call last night. He got the email I sent him about the one I got from his former foster father, but no longer had it, and he wanted this man's email address. I couldn't remember it off the top of my head at first, and told Saon I'd have to get online to look it up. I'd have to get off the phone to do that, however, and Saon said he'd see me online in a minute.

While I was logging on to the internet, I remembered the man's email address, and told Saon when he IM'd me. Saon looked up this man's Yahoo! profile, and it was the same man he'd lived with for about five years as a teenager. Saon sounded really excited about the prospect of getting back in touch with this man.

While we were IM-ing, Saon said he had to go, because "Michele's actin' like a bitch bout u talkin' to me". Just the other day, he told me that Michele knew he still talked to me. Maybe she does know, but she doesn't have to like it.

Is this girl stupid? Of all the places Saon could have gone to after Katrina laid waste to New Orleans, he chose to go back to Hutch to be with her. He could have chosen to come here, but he didn't. He chose her over me yet again. They even divorced and he still chose to be with her. Doesn't she get it? So I don't understand her jealousy crap, unless she's afraid of losing him for good to someone else, be it me or another woman. As far as I'm concerned, she can keep him. Maybe she can put up with him, because I know I can't go through those mind games anymore.

I'll be Saon's friend. He can always count on that. As for having a relationship with him again, friendship is all I can handle for the forseeable future. If there's one thing that going back to school taught me (besides broadcasting), is that I have choices. I chose to live life to its fullest. I chose to make a career in broadcasting by getting the training I'll need to make it. I chose feeling good about myself over feeling like crap about things I have no control over. I'm the only one in charge of my destiny.

As Saon is in charge of his own destiny. I hope that his former foster father writes back and they re-establish their relationship. I think that will be good for Saon in the long run. Give him some kind of anchor. He's been rudderless for far too long. I tried to give him that, but he wasn't ready for it then. Maybe he is now. I hope so.



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--