Neko

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sometimes, I amaze myself

...with what I'll put my body through to make a buck.

I worked the OU/Tulsa game down in Norman yesterday. I must have been temporarily insane when I agreed to do this! What it consisted of, basically, was standing for ten hours straight. At least I was not outside in the heat and humidity, or how I felt when I left would have been ten times worse.

My feet were really hurting by the time I was dropped off at my car. When I got home around 5pm, I slept for nearly five hours. I had gone to school to work the Del City football game the night before, went to bed late, then got up at "oh dark thirty" (about 5:45am) Saturday morning to be at the office at 7am.

I don't know how much longer I can ask my body to work this hard. I feel like crap right now, and at some point today, I will be taking another one of my infamous Three Hour Naps.

The concerts I can handle, because they last at the most about 5-6 hours. The pay sucks though. I did two events last month within three days, and got a check for a whopping $53! Most of it went into my gas tank, and that's almost gone!

The next OU game at home is in three weeks. If I can't sit for part of my shift, then I don't think I can handle it.

Producing the high school football games is a piece of cake compared to standing for ten or more hours. Unfortunately, I'm not getting paid for that... yet. Maybe I can apply for producer jobs thru school in addition to the on air jobs I want.

I'd love to kiss the security gig goodbye...


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--