Neko

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Damn air dam...

Until the other day, I had no idea what that doohickey under the front bumper was called. All I knew is that it was dragging on the ground because it won't clear the curbs or concrete bumpers in parking lots, and now it's hanging on by one lone bolt. It's made of plastic, and it's pretty torn up.

Last night on the way home from school, I had to find a way to keep it from dragging on the ground while I drove home. I pulled into a gas station on Sunnylane and went into the convenience store to ask if they had a twisty-tie, or a piece of twine, or something about 8-10" long so I could tie up the air dam so I could get home without it dragging all the way up I-35. All the teenage clerk could offer me was a plastic grocery sack. Another customer offered to check in his toolbox to see if he had a zip tie I could use, but he didn't have any. So I used the plastic sack, torn up, and that did the trick.

As I left the gas station, there was a Del City police car in the parking lot of the shopping center across the street. Had I known he was there, I'd have asked him if he had a couple of zip ties. Police use them as handcuffs when arresting large groups of people.

I got home okay. Today though, it looks as though the other side was going to go, so after school today, I bought some zip ties at WalMart I found in the automotive section.

Tomorrow, I'll get the damn air dam back in place.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--