Neko

Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina: the aftermath

1-800-HELP NOW
Have you seen the pictures coming out of the Gulf Coast area regarding the hurricane? Maybe it wasn't a direct hit on New Orleans, but the damage there and in other areas is simply unimaginable! Flooding, property damage, the destruction... it looks like a war zone!

I pray that Johanna and her family, and Saon, all got out safely and are out of harms way. God only knows what they'll come home to, if anything.

I feel so helpless, just sitting here. So as soon as it's possible for me, I'm going to donate blood. Maybe I'll take in a Redhawks game... all this week, if you bring bottled water to the Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City, you get free admission to a game. Ironically, they're playing the New Orleans Zephyrs at home this week.

You can help too. Call your local Red Cross chapter to see what they're doing to assist the victims of Hurricane Katrina, or call 1-800-help now, or log onto www.redcross.org...

Feel free to take the image above, just put it on your own server and link it to the Red Cross website. It's the least I can do to get the word out.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--