Neko

Monday, May 23, 2005

The Red Car, R.I.P.

Dean donated his old car, affectionately known as the Red Car (the one Daniel used to drive before he bought his Cobalt, and the one Jeff refused to acknowledge was his) to a charitable organization this morning.

Originally, Dean, Daniel and Jeff were going to take the Red Car (an '89 Honda Accord) to Enid, where Dean's folks live, and get it fixed, but on the way up there, it died for good. So Dean had it towed to our house and the Lion's Club came and had it taken away. They get a dead car, and Dean gets a tax write off.

I always found it amusing that Dean, who is red/green color blind, bought a red car. But, it was a crimson color, no doubt influenced by his college alma mater (the University of Oklahoma), and it got him from point A to point B during college and Med School. He had driven it every day up until about 2 years ago when he bought his Yukon.

I even said I'd drive the Red Car if Jeff wasn't going to, and Daniel took me out in it to reacquaint me with a stick shift. But, it never happened, and now the Red Car is gone forever.

--sniff--


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--