Neko

Thursday, May 12, 2005

This shit is getting very old

Today was great until I came home from school, then Mom jumped down my throat because I didn't buy macaroni and chesse for the dinner she planned to make this evening. I said she didn't ask me to buy mac and cheese, and we proceeded to get into a shouting match over who was right (Mom's convinced she is). Since I didn't want to get into a further argument with her about it, I just went upstairs, apologizing for something I didn't know I had to do.

Well, she got all snippy with me and told me I was not to speak to her in that tone of voice. "You speak to me that way all the time," I said. Wrong move. She turned into a damn drama queen, bitching and moaning about how no one listens to her.

I can't listen if she doesn't say anything!! She may have thought she told me to buy mac and cheese, but she didn't because I would have written it down on the list if she had. So while she's thinking I'm being an insolent brat, she doesn't look at her own behavior as being combative. It's like she wanted to pick a fight with me.

I'm over 40 years old. I resent with a passion being treated like a child. I have never had, and will never have, the ability to read my mother's mind, so if she thinks something, I just can't pick up on it. She has to tell me, "get macaroni and cheese at the store," instead of just thinking she told me.

This shit is getting so old. I'm not the only one she's done this to. If I could afford it, I'd move out, but I can't. I'm stuck here until I graduate from school and get a job.

And believe me, any job in radio I get is going to be as far away from here as I can get.

November couldn't get here soon enough!


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--