Neko

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Oh, it's a hot one...

about seven inches from the midday sun.

At least, that's what it feels like! Geez, it'll probably be 100-something next Sunday for Scott's birthday.

On May 29, 1991, it was in the triple digits in Portsmouth, VA, and I was in the coldest damned hospital (Naval Hospital, Portsmouth, VA) I've ever been in. The maternity wing was in the oldest part of the hospital, and it had its own a/c source. And because it was so hot, it was cranked up. It felt good that first day after Scott arrived, but I was there three or four days, and after the first day, I needed a sweater! It was just as hot on the day Scott and I were discharged from the hospital, and our little Toyota Corolla's a/c was totally maxed for the 20 minute trip home to Chesapeake. Fortunately, Scott's car seat was not vinyl covered like Daniel's was (Daniel was 7 years old at the time and obviously no longer using it). It was cloth covered, and not hot to the touch. We made sure that he got plenty of cool air back there.

I can't believe Scott will be in high school in a few short months!

More on Scott's birthday next week. He has his 8th grade graduation to go thru first.

Then Amalia graduates from Kindergarten two days later.

Then, Scott's 14th birthday.

Next week is going to be busy! I hope I survive it! LOL


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--