Neko

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Have you always been an asshole, or do you have to work at it?

There is this one guy at school who has his head so far up his ass that he can't see. To call him a stuck up prick would be kind.

He's one of those men who is good looking and knows he's good looking. He lords his perfection over those of us who aren't quite perfect.

He's at the point in school that he's about to graduate, but still has some stuff to do to fulfill the requirements to do so. I thought he had graduated, because they took his picture down in the lobby, and I hadn't seen him the latter part of last week. When I saw him in the New Lab, I said, "You're still here? I thought you'd graduated last week." Said he, "Not yet." I mentioned that I hadn't seen him the last couple of days last week and he replied rather snippily, "um, that's called a weekend." I said that's not what I meant and let the subject drop.

Later someone asked me how to spell the word "acquaintance", and I spelled it for him. Mr. Know it all said I was wrong that there was no letter "C" in that word. He then said, "Trust me on this."

And since when did you become Mr Webster? I thought to myself.

The negative vibes he was giving off were enough to think twice about saying anything further to him. I think that if he'd asked me for my help on a project, I would have told him to take a flying leap.

Man, people like that just piss me the hell off. Where does he get off being such a jerk. I wonder if they taught him that in the military. It wouldn't surprise me if that were so. I've know plenty of arrogant military guys. Invincible. They have this "nothin' can touch me" attitude that makes me want to run the other way in case it's catching.

Dear Mr. know-it-all: I'm not as dumb as I look, so don't cross me. If you're wrong, and you are a lot of the time, I'll call you on it. I knew you spelled acquaintance wrong. You aren't perfect, and you deserve to be brought down a peg or two. Maybe not by me, but trust me, someone will.

/END RANT

(and it's not like he's going to read this, so I can say whatever I damn well want.)


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--