Neko

Thursday, May 12, 2005

I could have saved a trip to Shepard Mall

if the worker at DRS had only thought to call me with the information I drove all the way over ther to get. What a colossal waste of time and gasoline! And with gas still around $2.00 a gallon, gas is something I really don't want to have to waste if I can possibly help it.

The worker told me that they determined that I was eligible for their services, but didn't check with the school to get information from them on my student status. So I provided her with the name and number of the finiacial aid coordinator, Angela, and hoped that it didn't take two more months to get the information about whether I can get tutition assistance and transportation assistance. The worker told me that she'd have to get info from the school, and then talk with her supervisor about whether DRS will pay for all my tutition because I'd already started school.

Seems to me that I had discussed all this with the worker when I saw her in February, but she seemed surprised, as if she was hearing it for the first time. I noticed that she didn't take notes and didn't have my file in front of her.

What a totally frustrating visit! And the worker kept apologizing for making me come all the way down to Shepard Mall when she in essence had nothing to tell me. I was supposed to be working out a "plan" at this appointment, but she had no info at that time to do much of anything.

I do have an appointment on May 23rd. Let's hope the worker has all her stuff together by then and we can get this show on the road. The first thousand takes it.

By the time I got to school, the worker had called Angela, and Angela had faxed the information that the worker requested. I guess I'll know something by the 23rd, but whether I can get there will be an issue because Mom is making a big production over the idea that she'll be broke by then.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--