Neko

Friday, December 24, 2004

Well, that's one shopping trip shot to hell

Mom and I were supposed to go shopping today (um, yesterday, seeing's it's after midnight cst here), but my sister had a Christmas shopping emergency. Could I come over and babysit?

Oh, sure, like I have nothing better to do. And, I don't. Mom and I were just going grocery shopping, and that could wait. After going to lunch, Mom really didn't want to anyways.

So I head over to Tori's with Jeff in tow. Seems that Dean forgot to get presents for his folks, so Tori had to go out and buy them. She wasn't real happy with her hubby at that moment.

She leaves at about 1:30pm, and doesn't return until nearly 7pm! During this, I had to rescue my oldest son from his own carelessness (he locked his keys in his car and needed the battery jumped. AAA told him that whoever came to unlock the door wouldn't jump the battery too), and so left Jeff in charge (with my sister's full knowledge). By the time I got up to Daniel's store, the AAA guy was there, unlocking the door. Then, he pulls out this portable battery jumper thingy and jumps Daniel's battery! My trip up there was utterly wasted! So, I head back to my sister's and she's still not home. Oh. Joy.

Meanwhile, my nephew Joey, who had been napping, had awakened while I was gone. Marc changed Joey's diapers and Jeff dressed him. Of course, as soon as Joey figures out by my presence that his mommy isn't home, he becomes Mr. Whiny Butt. When he does manage to sit and watch TV and be quiet, Marc wants to play with him and get him all wound up again.

Amalia is playing on the internet on sites like Barbie.com and Polly Pocket; sites geared towards little girls her age.

Tori finally gets home around 7pm with a car load of groceries. She bought her in-laws gifts, and opened her mail. Dean comes home about this time with yet another turkey or ham from another of his colleagues and a slew of gift bags, presumably from his office staff, other doctors, and patients.

Jeff decides to stay for dinner and I head home after buying Mom cigarettes at 7-11. I end up going out for dinner by myself because Mom had already eaten, not knowing when I'd be home. I went to Denny's, where the gal who was my server said she knew me. That was news to me because I don't go into that Denny's that much, and I don't really know anyone around here.

I had been meaning to call Saon all day to wish him a Merry Christmas, and so when I do get a chance to call him, I get his freaking voicemail. So I left a message, but I don't expect to hear from him until after Christmas, if then.

I'll take stock of all this after the New Year, to see if it's worth it to hold on to this relationship, such as it is. Right now, it looks like we'll never be together. In a way, it makes me sad.

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--