Neko

Monday, December 20, 2004

Sadly, nothing about my ex has changed

From my post on this day last year: It's Jon's birthday...big whoop! He's 44 going on 12...how sad!

Only now, he's 45 and hasn't changed a bit. But does he examine his life? No. Because he's convinced that he's done everything right and that everyone else is wrong. If he's done everything right, why is he so far behind on the child support? Why do his (adult) children want nothing to do with him? Why doesn't he have any real friends?

Granted, I haven't been perfect either, and I'm the first to admit it. I'm also the first to admit that I have made some pretty major mistakes in my life, and I am trying to rectify those as best I can. Jon has done nothing to fix the things in his life that are not working, but he's too damn stubborn and too damn convinced that he's right about everything.

Perhaps when he stops living in that fantasy world of his, I might have a little respect for him. But right now, I don't. His word is worthless, his motives are suspect, and his morals are in the gutter. The #1 person in Jon's life is ...Jon! If it's good for Jon, then everyone and everything else can go to hell on a sled.

And if he ever reads this, he'll deny everything and blame it on me. Earth to Jon: I speak the truth. Can you say the same?

I didn't think so.

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--