Neko

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

"You couldn't call to let us know you're okay?"

Daniel rolled in here this morning at about 7:30am. He was stone cold sober. He was really tired because he and his buds stayed up all night drinking and goofing off. He decided that he didn't like tequila, but that orange flavored Bacardi stuff was okay. He wasn't impressed with Budweiser. I'd say that he'd probably not want to do that again anytime soon, but that's entirely up to him.

He ended up sleeping most of the day.

Tori called and asked if I could come over to her house at 2pm to watch Joey while she took Scott and Marc to the dentist, as Joey tore up the dentist's waiting area the last time he was there on Monday when Amalia had an appointment. I told her I would and headed over there around 1:30pm. When I got there, Joey was already asleep, and stayed asleep the entire three hours I was there. After about an hour, Dean came home, then Amalia came home on the school bus shortly after that.

Before I went to my sister's, Jon called me. He was wondering about whether Marc and Daniel had gotten the message he left wishing them a happy birthday. Then he asked how they each felt about turning 11 and 21 respectively. I told him I didn't know.

Talking to Jon tends to run up my blood pressure or something, because I could feel myself get mad while I was talking to him. Jon has this impression of himself as the victim of a vindictive ex wife (yours truly). If getting him to pay child support for 4 children he helped bring into this world is being vindictive, then I'm guilty as charged. Jon called it my "being not nice" to him, and that he would be more inclined to help me if I were nicer to him. Well, I'm sorry, it's not about me, it's about your kids, you fantasy world dwelling slacker extraordinaire! I think I'm entitled to ask him to help support his children. Then he says that he's having trouble finding work in the tech field for which he was trained.

Well, if you look at him, he is a mess: long stringy hair, bad teeth from lack of care, overweight...if I were a hiring manager, I wouldn't hire him either, even if he does clean himself up. I don't care how qualified you are for a position, if you don't present yourself in a professional manner nobody's going to hire you. It's as simple as that, duh!

I asked him if given the choice of getting a good paying job if he cuts his hair, or working at Bevie B's for the rest of his life, he said he'd choose to keep his hair long because other people in his field of expertise have long hair. What he fails to realize is that even those people more than likely had short hair when they were hired. Jon thinks he's so smart, but he's not. He'll be 45 years old on December 20th, and he still thinks like a 12 year old. Oh, poor me, the victim; Oh, my evil and vindictive ex wife, hounding me for money...

Oh, please! Grow the fuck up already!

Nobody there in Mass. has any real respect for him. Jon actually thinks he has friends, but they only hang around with him out of pity, I'm sure. He tries to get people to see things his way, and they're not buying it. Since most of them also know me, they don't believe his poor, poor pitiful me crap. I've had more than one person tell me that they don't believe anything Jon says about me, because most of the time, it's not true. They actually email me and ask!

I've spent way too much time ranting about the ex again. Jon's behavior shouldn't bother me, but it does. Jon's unreliability shouldn't suprise me, either, but it does. Part of me wants to believe him. My mom was right, I grew up. Jon never has. I should just let him sink or swim. He made his bed...

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--