Neko

Friday, November 12, 2004

Seems that Daniel's not the only one to get hit by a deer

If you will remember back on the 27th of last month, my son Daniel got hit by a deer on his way to work at the grocery store. Well, it appears that there's a trend going on here.

There was a column in The Oklahoman about a man who has been hit by deer (as opposed to him hitting the deer) while driving his car. Actually, this guy's been hit several times by deer while in his car. I wonder what makes deer think that they can stop a moving object weighing much more than they do that could possibly kill them? I wonder if the color of the car has anything to do with it? Is this guy's car red, like Daniel's is?

Anybody out there in my readership that has been hit by a deer? I'd really like to know.


I also mentioned in that same post that the car Daniel drives actually belongs to his Uncle Dean. The car is a crimson color, and Dean did go to the University of Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner!). How did Dean know that car was red when he bought it, since he is red/green color blind? He could have been sold a pink car for all he knew. I figured that someone went with him. Dean's Yukon XL is black. Hmmmm

(And if Dean happens upon this, I'm just foolin' on ya, man!)