Neko

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Louisiana is a beautiful, historically rich state, but...

this does not surprise me.

The United Health Foundation has ranked states by how healthy they are for the last 15 years. Last year, Louisiana was 49th.

You can find the states and their rankings here.

My home state of California is 22nd
My current state of residence, Oklahoma is 40th
Massachusetts is 6th, New Hampshire is 2nd (1st last year), and Maine is 10th.

And Saon would be interested to know that where he is now (Louisiana) is dead last. Where he just left, Minnesota, is number 1. The United Health Foundation is based in Minnesota, so that sounds a little biased to me.

Hannie, Mississippi is 49th...your home state, Washington, is 15th, even with Mt. St. Helen's threatening to blow her top again.

Virginia, where I lived for 11 years, is 20th...

Very interesting, to say the least (and I never say the least...most of the time! LOL)


--MorelaterZ--