Neko

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

NaNo: halfway thru! Damn!

My NaNoWriMo novel, Torn, is about halfway to the 50k word goal, and it isn't even the 10th of the month yet! I've just been writing like a fool.

And I don't mind telling you that I think it sucks in some spots. There were some chapters that were hard for me to write, just because they were. There's way too much minutae about why certain characters are they way they are. And I don't think Torn is going to be the title much longer.

I'm at the end of Part Two, and about halfway in the word count, so I'm going at a good pace in that respect. Now I have to deal with two college students at different schools, different personalities, and different majors. One of the sisters has an verbally and psychologically abusive boyfriend who is just like their verbally and psychologically abusive father that their mother had the good sense to get rid of. The sister with the asshole boyfriend doesn't realize it yet, however.

I'm still going to keep up my 2k word-a-day pace. Hopefully at that rate, I will be done around Thanksgiving. At least that is the plan.

And we all know about the best laid plans...

--MorelaterZ--