Neko

Sunday, November 14, 2004

My computer mouse, R.I.P.

I have this message I occasionally have on my Yahoo! Mess-up-enger that goes: There are some days I hate my computer, and this is one of them. I was having one of those days yesterday. Nothing on the computer seemed to work right, and the big problem was the mouse. Apparently, it was about to die. Right in the middle of writing the latest installment of my NaNo novel, the mouse just quit working all together. Needless to say I lost about five pages of text. Nothing I did seemed to revive it, so I called it DOA and hied myself down to WalMart about half an hour ago and bought a new mouse.

Now, all the stupid crap it was doing yesterday seems to have stopped, and my pages are loading a wee bit faster than before (I don't know if that has anything to do with replacing the mouse or not. I figure Hannie or Keith might know that).

Weird though...I'll never figure stuff like this out without a lot of help. I need my own little tech support crew.

A techie nerd, I'm not. Some days I'm lucky just to be able to turn the damned computer on! Okay, I'm not that clueless, but you get the point. I can get around most anywhere on the internet, but when it comes to the techincal stuff, I'm lost. I can build a simple web page, but that's about it.

Woe is me...

--MorelaterZ--