Neko

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, wherever you are!

This hasn't been the greatest year for me personally. I've had, and to a certain extent, still have, some personal issues that I have to resolve. I am the only one in charge of my life, my destiny, so the job of getting thru this trying time is all mine. However, I have had some help along the way in finding the best way to handle things as they come along.

What are you thankful for today?

I am thankful for my friends, both those I know in real life and on the internet.
I am thankful for my family, who took me in when I found myself at loose ends.
I am thankful for having reasonably good health.
I am thankful for having a sense of humor about things. I think that without it, I may have given up a long time ago.
I am thankful for the talents I have, and that I have an outlet for them.
I am thankful for my faith in God. If you've read my recent post about comforting words, you'll notice that there are a few Bible verses that bring me comfort.
I am thankful for each new day that God gives me.
I am thankful for the beauty of nature.
I am thankful for being alive.
I am thankful for the soldiers who serve the United States at home and abroad. Thank you for your sacrifices, your courage, your sense of duty. You are in my prayers everyday.
I am thankful for so many things that I cannot think of right now. They'll come to me after I press that "publish post" button.

I hope your day is filled with family, friends, food, and memories.

--MorelaterZ--